Sunday, August 22, 2010

Adult men/women - I'm desperate for some second date advice. Help?

So last night I went on a second date with this guy. He was extremely cool the whole time - he was nice, a total gentleman (opened the all doors for me all night, paid for everything, and walked me to my car from his apartment at the end of the night). He kept making flirtacious movements such as tickling me, patting my stomach, shoving me a little when we were walking down the street... but he never made any kind of move though? I didn't want to get sexual but I thought with all this flirting he'd say something that let me know he was interested or he'd try to go in for a kiss on the cheek at the end of the night?





I guess my question is - would a man spend this much energy being really nice on a 2nd date if he wasn't interested in a woman? I'm wondering what the deal is or how I should go about seeing him again.





This may sound strange but when he asked me after our first date if I had a good time, I told him that I did and I thought he was a great guy. He made a joke that he wanted to know what it was I thought was great and so I gave him an example and he wanted more. Anyway, I gave him a nice little list of things I thought were nice about him and he thanked me and told me that was very nice. I joked a bit, telling him it was going to go to his head. But anyway, not that I completely expected it but he didn鈥檛 return any compliments to me? I felt cheated in a way 鈥?it would have been nice after everything I said to him to hear a little something back. What鈥檚 up with this?


Adult men/women - I'm desperate for some second date advice. Help?
He sounds very interested in you; he did make moves, just not the ones you expected. He probably wants to wait until the third date to make a serious move. Stop expecting the worse from him, he is a gentleman. Girls always say stuff like ';Oh, I wish I could meet a sensitive gentleman'; but when they finally meet one, they get uncomfortable. Get used to it, this man seems perfect. The compliments was just a flirtatious move he made. If he had returned the compliments, would you really have acted normally afterward? It would have made things awkward, you would have felt uncomfortable and embarrassed. I think he made the right choice by not complimenting you. He is probably waiting to see if you become more than just a date. Just enjoy it, don't think so much. He likes you, you like him. Just go with it. I would ask him on another date if I were you. Do it in a cute way, like sending him flowers or something clever. Maybe you could go to a baseball game or something? Put the ticket inside the envelope that comes with the flowers. I think that that would be very cute, and he will definitely appreciate your originality and aggressiveness. I hope this helped :) Good luck! Adult men/women - I'm desperate for some second date advice. Help?
That is how gentlemen are supposed to behave on the first date.





By the way you're feeling about him, why would you want to date him again?





Sorry, I misread. Some men are just cooler than others and aren't into vain flattery.
i already told you, he is the ';nice guy'; maybe he hasnt been in many relationships. he may be inexpierenced and not know how to go about certain things. you are over analyzing it too much. go on another date with him. if it doesnt go well, or if he doesnt make a move, then forget about him, there are more guys out there

No comments:

Post a Comment