Thursday, August 19, 2010

Do you think it is good dating advice for mothers to tell their daughters ';don't date all guys just want sex';?

well actually it is something my FATHER says- and my mom as well but not so extreme.





that most guys are liars and cheaters and all they want is to get in a girl's pants and they will tell her anything to get in her pants, and it is better to not date and wait around on guys and to focus on your school work! because these young boys will give you an std or get you pregnant, and they don't care. they won't take care of the child.





And my father always basically even kept my sisters and I away from our uncles and we couldnt go to our friends houses if they had dadas..WOW





I'm 19 now and I feel ike that advice really hurt me. I make a lot of assumptions about all guys I am with and then again I'm kind of trusting because I feel like teh advice I recieved was so extreme that I go against it completely sometimesDo you think it is good dating advice for mothers to tell their daughters ';don't date all guys just want sex';?
Wow yeah that's pretty extreme with the keeping you away from uncles and other friend's Dads. I know what you mean though. My parents were pretty strict so when I got to college I wanted to do everything and anything that I felt like I missed out on. Some of it I regret, but most of it I don't. You sound like a pretty level headed intelligent person though, so trust yourself. You know what is best for you and as hard as it is to trust other people sometimes, well sometimes you just gotta give them a chance.Do you think it is good dating advice for mothers to tell their daughters ';don't date all guys just want sex';?
Take it from an 18 year old guy, that is what 95% of guys want but NOT ALL. There are always exceptions, I knew some guys who were normal guys, not religious or nerdy or anything but genuinely wouldn't go after a girl's pussy if she wasn't ready. A few guys will like you because you make them feel really good and they will keep coming back regardless of whether the sex is there or not.
Jesus, talk about conditioning you to hate all men! They're trying to scare the hell out of you and prevent you from being hurt.





But in relaity, if you really do believ all men are cheaters and liars, you're going to find men who are cheaters and liars!





I really think it was silly of them to tell you that. Does that mean your dad is a cheater and liar??
TRUTHFULLY SPEAKING:


at 19 years old LIFE IS JUST STARTING! dont be in hurry to be used and abused by loser dudes and NO NOT ALL GUYS ARE BAD but you dont want to know HOW MANY FROGS IT TAKES TO FIND A PRINCE and HE might not even be 100%. take your dad advice to some degree. give a guy an interview like when your looking for work! nobody's perfect not even you! but at at least you know yourself right?
as a guy. im here to tell you that yes, it is true. i'll pretty much tell a girl anything so that she'll sleep with me. i usually always succeed too:) then i move on to the next girl
If you're a psychic, you should be able to avoid such unfortunate situations from the human male. This statement of course is in reference to your previous question.
um their right for the most part, most of them do want sex. so it is your job to get to know them first, for a long time, good luck
No. Enforce that into her mind, and she'll learn to hate everything with a penis attached and be blind to the very few GOOD men out there with something to actually offer her.
In this jungle of friendship only brillients are winners . they becme expert in this by loosing or they are fortunate or extraintelligent.
actually all of those are true, and most teens are into sex nowadays, so just finish school
no dont tell her that, because not all guys want sex. just warn her that that may happen.
my mother used to tell me negative things about girls also..I guess it's our parents way of stopping us from dating too early
I told myself that same advice. xD


I say just don't have sex with a dude until you are absolutely sure he is worth it.
you asked this earlier
yes , it's a good advice i think!
This is a real sensitive subject. The reason why your parents say that to you is because they know from personal experience or have done what you're going through. You should ask them about their experiences at your age and see what they say. Ask them what they did at your age whether it's good or bad. You will really be able to tell if your parents are being truthful. Dating at your age is really just a way of having some social interaction. As long as you respect yourself and don't come across as a tease you'll be fine and dating can be a lot of fun.
It's very understandable for you to feel afraid to trust a guy after the teachings you went through from your parents. It IS a pretty extreme to say, but basically, all they were trying to tell you was that you've got to really be careful when getting into a relationship with a guy.





You have to learn how to look past his shell and find his true intentions and ulterior motives.





Most importantly, take things slow. If you ever find that a guy rushes you and pressures you too much, get out of there!





My friend told me this. Whenever you get into any kind of relationship, imagine yourself in a room. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS stay near the door. Don't be afraid to take a sneak peek and check the waters. See what living in the room is like. [as in, see what the person is like,attitudes and all]. If you find yourself really comfortable there, then proceed.





Otherwise, keep your hand on the doorknob and get OUT.
It's not so much good or bad advice, as it is redundant. You'll come to find this on your own time and leisure, it just so happens a lot of people in your life will jump to the bandwagon of warning you about every other man that comes along.





The sad truth is the cynic is right more often than the romantic when it comes to sexual adventure. The great news is it only takes one time for your father, mother, family, and friends to be wrong to make all the difference.





Until then,





Cheers.
I don't think it's a good advice at all. I'm tired of hearing about guys trying ';to get in the girl's pants';, it kinda seems like the girl is always the one that's too stupid to realize what's happening. I understand that sometimes girls are victims, which is horrible, but I don't think that's what you're talking about here. People keep trying to make guys look like they are taking advantage of the girl. I know this may seem a little weird, coming from a girl. But it's time for girls to stop acting like they were tricked into something and take responsibility when it's needed. And the whole ';not dating'; thing and focusing on your school work, I really don't agree on that. Waiting to start dating after you're done with school, thats a bit extreme. I guess that's why probably more and more people marry in their 30s and have children in their 40s, which is a little bit too much in my opinion. But I guess everything is delayed now. Sorry this is kinda long. Hope you get my point:)

No comments:

Post a Comment