Sunday, August 22, 2010

My mom is trying to control who I like/date. Advice please?

I'm 16 and my mom has always done this. I just now started getting into the whole dating thing last year. I'm a sophomore now and I think I should be able to date who I chose. Tomorrow I have a date with someone who I don't have feelings for at all. He's just a good friend, but he doesn't see me as just a friend. Were going to the movies and he's going to pick me up. She's letting him drive me and everything. She's always talking about how much a gentlemen he is and he is one. But I have no romantic feelings for him whatsoever. Over the summer I really liked this one boy and she refused to let him drive me. She always got mad whenever I would say I liked him and just was a complete jerk about it. This isn't the first time this has happened. She wants met to like who she would've liked and it hurts to have a mom you can't talk to about things like this. I've only been upset over a boy once (one whom she didn't like). She basically told me I was acting like a dumb ditzy girl. That hurt. Has she not ever really liked someone? She's always trying to tell me who to date and who not to. And it drives me nuts and tears up my nerves because even though I may not date who she doesn't like, the feelings are still there...





I'm sorry this is so long.My mom is trying to control who I like/date. Advice please?
well.. your sixteen so your mom does control who you date whether you like it or not. And it may seem like your mom is against you and everything, but in all reality your mom has probably experienced the same things and its for your benefit to keep you safe and away from all the guys that don't really care about you but will act like it. Each sixteen year old has gone through this and you won't realize your mom was right until its too late and you regret something. But just have fun on your ';date'; with the guy you don't have romantic feelings for and maybe if you just give him a change things will change. But if not you still have so long to find the one guy. Its no hurry. and take your moms advice into consideration. I'm 17 and i wish i listened to my mom more when she told me to.My mom is trying to control who I like/date. Advice please?
have a talk with her about how you are mature and its not her decision/business who you like
tell her you are your own person.
You are still very young so I think that you should be careful who you date but if you are careful then I think it is ok to choose who you like and who you date. From the time i was 15 my mom tried to control all of my relationships and it was terrible I felt like she never cared about what I felt and that she was just mad about her decisions she made and when I met my bf at 17 she hated it but I made my own choices and now we are happy and live together planning to get married. I think that being 16 you should keep your options open and have fun and don't get too mad at her and understand she wants you to be safe.
seems like parents already tried answering your ';cry 4 help'; haha well im (19) now and i went through the same phase parents just try making sure we wont get hurt by the guys and feel they can help us avoid those types of experience but in the end we have to go through relationship experiences so we eventually become wiser and pick the right one in the end~ nothing you can really do about her always being involve because im still going through it now..haha just let her know you understand she's trying to help but you must make your own mistakes and experience loving others and to trust that you make the right decision. hopefully she will understand ~ hope this helps~

No comments:

Post a Comment