Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blind date advice?

I am going on a blind date later this week. I met the guy online but found out that he actually knows my oldest friend in the world. She says that he's a really sweet guy and I trust her opinion so I'm not worried that he's a crazy stalker or anything. The problem is that I am debilitatingly shy. I freeze up around people I don't know, especially guys. I am so afraid of this being a really uncomfortable evening because of my shyness. Does anyone have any advice for this date? Maybe ways that I can relax or good conversation ideas if there is a lull. Please help! I'm kinda freaking out.Blind date advice?
Ask questions that require lengthy answers. Like ';tell me about where you grew up'; or ';what did you used to want to be when you were a kid';. This way, you're showing interest in him plus you're creating a conversation (an he'll be doing most of the talking).





Also, there's no reason to stress. It's a blind date... he's probably nervous too. When it comes to dating, it's mostly up to the guy to make it a good date... let him show you what he's got (figuratively).Blind date advice?
if i was you, i would just be my self
have a glass of strong liquor before meeting the guy, don't get drunk, just have enough to get your shyness away, works really well
Why dont you have a gathering and invite some other friends.. make it a little laid back and have somewhere your compfortable with.

No comments:

Post a Comment