Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dating Advice for a newly single going on a date!?

Okay, so I haven't been on a real date in six years. I met my ex-husband when I was 15 and now I am 21 and divorced from him this year. I met this guy on-line and he seems really nice and funny. Seems like we have a lot in common. One problem though, I don't know what to do. We are meeting for coffee one night this weekend at Starbucks and I have no idea on what to say, wear, or anything. HELP! Oh and don't tell me to be myself. I am definitely going to do that!Dating Advice for a newly single going on a date!?
I've been through this before when I got divorced and totally understand where you are coming from. Just a little bit of advice from someone who has been there. Even though it seems like you have alot in common on the phone or through e-mail, be careful. There are alot of pervs out there who can hurt you. You are definitely doing the right thing by meeting for coffee. That way you can extend the date if things are going well or keep it short and sweet if things don't go as expected. Since it's pretty casual, wear something like a pair of jeans with a nice top or a pair of khakis with a nice top. Or just something that you feel good in. As for what to talk about, keep religion, politics and your ex-husband as no-zones. There's nothing worse than a whole date talking about your exes. Otherwise, I would talk about your hobbies, your family, common interests. You are going to be nervous, but if he's as nice as you think he is, he'll be just as nervous or put you at ease. I found that once I actually met the person, my butterflies would calm down or increase if I really liked the guy.Dating Advice for a newly single going on a date!?
The first thing I would do is examine your expectations for the evening. If the expectations are high, it would be more difficult to enjoy yourself such as ';this is the beginning of a great LTR'; or '; I must be the most cute, charming, and funny girl he has ever been out with';





On the other hand, if you were to keep your expectations to a minimun- '; I hope I don't spill coffee on myself'; ';I hope my ex doesn't show up at the same starbucks with HIS date'; then it's more likely you will have a good time.





Consider this practice for reentering the single world and you'll be just fine.





Please give an update and let us know how it went.


Take Care!
YOu are now vulnerable. It is a frightening place to be if you are not into casual sex. I think you should take all the relationships workshops you can. and learn How o work them and let red flags come up.








read three short books


by Robert A. Johnson:


He, She and We





Mostly, this online stuff doesn't work. Go to match.com or tickle.web for scientific matches.





Also, it is time not to date, but to discover who you are in terms of possibilities, purposes, etc. Interest gs. Only then do the right people show UP. ZGoogle Landmark Education Corporation and read about their seminars and courses. It will spring you into who you are, not who you think you should be to please others.
Just be yourself...





And I don't see why you're so worried. It's us, guys, that have to do all the talking and impressing and... well, you get my point. Pretty much, all you have to do is stand there and look pretty. Oh, and have fun of course - that's what dating is all about.



Go as yourself. Its your first chance to be yourself.





You have no one to impress. If he likes you, and he probably will, then it will feel natural.





If you think about it too much, you are going to screw it up.





ANd go to duncan donuts, starschmucks coffe sucks.
Sex craving never stops.


When you leave a person, you need another person.


This goes on.


Some are interested in variety entertainment.


What is yours?


You already know the answer for your question.
dress nice but not to sexy he might get the wrong idea and its just starbucks so go for it talk about whatever comes to your mind



talk about the same stuff that you have been talking about on-line, and let the conversation take on a life of it's own
be safe, wear something casual nothing to fancy...it is starbucks you know.
dont fret. if this guy really likes you, he wont care wait u wear, (or how u hold your cup j/k) dont fret and have fun!!!
just relax and feel him out (not literally)... wear somethin casual, and be personable
relax adn remember that he is going to be nervous too.
nice jeans ,hot top, gum ,mase, and a condom have fun
you are meeting him at night?....no, make it a day date
Please go with a friend to the coffee shop...dating online can be risky business...good luck:)

No comments:

Post a Comment